Teide from the east side is incredible! Whether you start from the village of Arafo, the top of the climb, or the start point in between, you will be challenged and rewarded with some of the best scenery our island has to offer. You will be afforded views of the capital, Santa Cruz, Tenerife´s first tourist resort of Puerto de la Cruz as well as northern and eastern coast. The stunning Mount Teide will suddenly appear through the clouds and then disappear for another few kilometres. Climb along the ridge, past the observatory, and then the mountain appears again-it is simply magical. At El Portillo we turn left towards the mountain passing the unique Ucanca desert and ´La Tarta´(the cake) with its coloured layers of volcanic ash.
We´ll continue around the crater before climbing up and then back to our café through Vilaflor. We reserve this tour for groups and one-off specials as the weather is often unpredictable in this region. Nevertheless Teide East is an incredible day out on the bike!
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
IntermediateTour Distance: 82kmkmClimb: 1580mmtrPhysical 1Technical 1
AdvanceTour Distance: 92kmkmClimb: 2350mmtrPhysical 1Technical 1
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
97€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.