A ride to Masca is a truly unique experience! You can choose to start at Chio or 7 kilometres north in the pretty town of Santiago del Teide. We climb through the spectacular Valle de Arriba before plunging down towards Garachico with its spectacular natural rock pools. We then head towards Buenavista del Norte from where we start our climb towards Masca!
Get ready for the deep ravines, tight hairpins and lush vegetation that is typical of the road all the way in to Masca. Riding in the heart of the Teno mountain range is an unforgettable experience as is the 380 metre, 3.5 kilometre climb out of Masca-if you manage to achieve it! If this section of the climb is not for you then we´ll have the bus waiting for you in Masca. After lunch in Santiago del Teide, you´ll have the chance to ride 32 kilometres all the way back to Las Americas to round off an amazing day!
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
IntermediateTour Distance: 45kmkmClimb: 1150mmtrPhysical 2Technical 3
AdvanceTour Distance: 53-92kmkmClimb: 1530-2300mmtrPhysical 2Technical 3
Tour Duration: 5hrs
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
97€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.