Our ride to Mount Teide has become an iconic ´must do´ ride in the past few years and our approach from the west side is our most popular! You can start from Chio or Los Paleos, 600 metres above sea level. You´ll enjoy spectacular views of the Teno mountain range and the neighbouring islands of La Gomera and La Palma as you ride ever closer to Mount Teide!
The next stop is Boca Tauce where you have the chance to get up close to this majestic volcano (Mnt Teide) that last erupted over 100 years ago! From here we´ll ride a few extra kilometres into the crater to marvel at the mountain from a different perspective. It´s a unique experience riding at over 2000 metres above sea level. As with all of our tours, our riders can go at their own pace whilst being looked after by our on-the-road guides and our vehicle support!
Following a climb back out of the carter, we´ll regroup at Retamar and prepare for our 25 kilometre decent where a typical Canarian lunch awaits at our café in San Miguel where we can share our experiences of a truly special day! The tour ends with an optional downhill section to Las Americas where the tour concludes.
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
IntermediateTour Distance: 67kmkmClimb: 1130mmtrPhysical 3Technical 2
AdvanceTour Distance: 68-87kmkmClimb: 1680-2000mmtrPhysical 3Technical 2
Tour Duration: 4.5hhrs
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
97€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.