A tour to Teide from the southern approach is our flagship tour. Whether you start from the café or ride on the intermediate level from Vilaflor, the roads, traffic, scenery and all-round experience is out of the world-a paradise for cyclists!
We ride on the TF21 from Granadilla to Vilaflor, which is probably the most stunning climb on the island, before we stop for supplies. After Vilaflor, the climb continues through the Coronal Forest heading towards the majestic Teide. As we approach 2000 metres above sea level the air becomes a little thinner as the challenge becomes more intense. At Retamar we drop down in to the crater for a tour of the National Park and World Heritage site. We head towards the famous Parador Hotel, home of the pro teams when they´re riding on the island, with its amazing views of the mountain.
After the climb back out of the crater we regroup before the big descent back via El Fronton to our start point for a delicious Canarian lunch that awaits us at base camp Club Activo! The tour concludes at the home of our good friends-Bike Point in Las Americas.
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
IntermediateTour Distance: 68kmkmClimb: 1420mmtrPhysical 3Technical 2
AdvanceTour Distance: 66-85kmkmClimb: 1960-2170mmtrPhysical 3Technical 2
Tour Duration: 4.5 hhrs
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
90€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.