Club Activo appreciates that some riders want to get on the road early and return home between 12.30 and 13.00 to lunch with friends and family! This is why our new Teide Express tour is sure to be a big hit for the 2019/2020 season! Teide from the West is the most forgiving of our three approaches to Teide due to its continuous, gentle gradients. We start on the bike from Chio or Los Paleos (13 kilometres into the climb) and continue on the TF38 passing the incredible Volcano ´Chinyero´ and ´Montanas Negras´ (Black Mountains) region. As we approach Boca Tauce you will marvel at the lunar-like landscape that surrounds Mount Teide! We then climb out of the crater before descending on the bike (or in the bus if you prefer) back to Las Americas!
- Distance: 57 kilometres
- Climbing meters: 900 metres
- Distance: 64 kilometres
- Climbing meters: 1200 metres
- Distance: 70 kilometres
- Climbing meters: 1500 metres
- Leave time: 07:00- 07:30
- Return time: 12:00 -12:30
- Start point: Chio (advanced) La Estrella (Intermediate+) or Los Paleos (Intermediate)
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
90€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.