Float above the clouds with incredible views of Puerto de la Cruz and Mount Teide
Teide from the east side is simply spectacular-we follow a route that is not frequented by cyclists due to its difficult to reach location! You will enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Guimar Valley (if you deicide to take on the first 17 kilmometre climb up the TF523) before arriving at the TF24. During the next 20 kilometres you´ll see Puerto de la Cruz to your right, Santa Cruz on your left and Mount Teide will appear and then disappear as you ride above the clouds! This ride is stunning, dramatic, beautiful and challenging all at the same time! We then ride through the middle of the crater and down through the south side to the Club Activo Café for lunch!
- Distance: 82 kilometres
- Climbing meters: 1580 metres
- Distance: 92 kilometres
- Climbing meters: 2000 metres
Pro Level available upon request
- Leave time: 08.45 – 09:00
- Return time: 16:00 – 16:30
- Start point: Arafo (Pro), TF-523 (advanced) or TF.24 (Intermediate)
Included In This Tour
Tour type package: Gran Tour
- Pre tour briefing to ensure you will ride at the level to suit your ability
- On-the-road tour guide, full vehicle support and supplies including home-made bar, bananas and water!)
- 2 levels available for each tour (varying in start point, distance, climbing metres and speed)
- 3 course lunch at the Club Activo Cycling Café (other than Masca when we´ll eat in Santiago del Teide) including hot soup and bread, chicken with potatoes and salad and coffee for example. Vegetarian and vegan options also available!
- Friendly, knowledgeable guides who will ensure you have a great tour experience!
- Typical Canarian lunch or tapas included (in our very own cycling café)
- Return hotel transfers available (contact us for details).
- Liability insurance included
Private tours can be organised outside our regular schedule
We will meet at the back of the Bike Point shop in Las Americas at 08.45 or we can collect you (and take you back after) subject availability. We can also collect you from the harbour bus stop in El Medano for no extra charge!
Available Bikes For Rent
If you would like to rent a bike for this tour please consult our tour guide. Unfortunately, we only rent bike via our website for a minimum period of 3 days. We apologies for the inconvenience.
Tour operated by:
65€ (without bike)*
105€ (with bike)*
* Payment can be made in cash or credit card, except on Wednesday where the co-ordinator of that day can only accept credit card for that particular tour.